Android App with a lot of improvements!
Today we have released a new version of our Windfinder Android App. We added a lot of improvements, here are the biggest new features:
- Better support for tablets: in landscape mode, you will see a list of favorites on the left hand side, making it easier to switch between your favorite locations
- Share the current forecast or report via Email, Facebook or Google+. Or simply store it in your personal Dropbox!
- Deep linking support: when clicking on a link to Windfinder in another app, you can choose to open it in the Windfinder Android App, too!
- Updated the forecast range to more than seven days in the future
- Faster and improved data loading
With this version you are ready for the new summer season! Google Play on your Android device will notify you about the new update or you can download the Windfinder Android App directly from Google Play.
New version of the Windfinder iPhone App
Right in time for the new season (at least on the northern hemisphere) we have released a new version 3.4.0 of our Windfinder app for iPhone. There are three main changes:
- we have extended the forecast range to seven days like on our website
- the wind reports now show the past 24 hours and are available in landscape mode, too
- faster loading times of all screens
You will be notified by the App Store on your iPhone about the update. If you do not have the Windfinder iPhone App installed yet, you can download it from the App Store.
Windfinder iPhone App is ready for iOS 7
With the release of Apple’s latest version of their mobile operating system iOS 7, we also released a new version of our popular Windfinder iPhone app. This release fixes compatibility issues with iOS 7 and makes sure that our app looks smooth on iOS.
You will be notified about the download from the App store app on your iPhone or you can download the app directly from the app store.
New Version of Windfinder Android App
Today we have released a new version 1.5.0 of our Windfinder Android App. We have tweaked the readability especially in low wind speeds. The superforecast, our high resolution forecast model (available in the Pro version of our app) is now updated more frequently. The search function is now working faster, and there were some more minor bugfixes and improvements.
The update is available on the Windfinder page on Google Play. If you already have installed the app, you will be notified about the update by Google Play.
New Version of Windfinder iPhone App
Today we have released a new version of our Windfinder iPhone App. The app has been completely rebuilt to give you a better user experience. Here is a list of changes:
- New forecast layout for improved readability and better screen usage
- Improved navigation using a slide-in menu
- Support for landscape mode
- Improved multitasking support
- Improved memory management
You will be notified automatically by the App Store app on your iPhone about this update. Or you can download the app directly from the App store.